|3||each 6-inches Chinese Chicken and pork sausages|
|2||daikons (Chinese radishes)|
|5||plants Chinese celery|
Method of Preparation
1. Boil the vinegar, sugar and salt misture over medium heat. When the sugar dissolves, remove from the heat.
2. Wash the daikons, peel and slice thinly lengthwise. Cut into 1 1/2 cm. width strips. Soak in the vinegar mixture for about 2 hours.
3. Wash the Chinese celery, cut the leaves away. Blanch the celery stems in boiling water. When the stems are tender, place the celery stems in cool water. Tear into thin strands to be used as strings.
4. Wash the Chinese sasuages. Steam over boiling water over high heat. When the sausages are cooked, take them out and cut into 1 inch pieces. Divide each piece lengthwise into two halves.
5. Drain the daikons then use each piece to wrap a piece of the sausage. Place one celery leaf on top, then tie tightly with a celery string.
6. Arrange on a serving tray. Serve with a beverage as an appetizer.
For those who like hot taste, the daikon need not to be soaked in the vinegar solution. Squeeze the daikon with salt until softened, wash with water then wrap around the sausage. Soaking the daikon in vinegar solution adds flavor. Sourness is good with fatty food.